2018 PHOTOGRAPHY ASSOCIATE
(1 position available)
Cathy Weaver, Public Relations Specialist
The Photography Associate serves EMF as a key summer team member, working under the close supervision of the Public Relations Specialist, and other EMF administrative staff.
The Photography Associate will focus their energies on photography of EMF concerts, recitals, competitions and the festival experience in general. Together with the Media and Communications team, they will be part of a fast paced, ‘real-time’ media and communications team.
Duties will include:
Photographic Coverage of Festival
- Photograph concerts, outreach events, recitals, concerto competition, guest artists, special events, etc.
- Chronicle the EMF experience through photography.
- Work with Public Relations Specialist, Director of Education & Student Recruitment, Director of Development and Executive Director to assure that images specified by EMF are captured during the five-week season.
- Edit photos in a timely manner for immediate and future use.
- Maintain a photo filing system that will be user friendly for year-round EMF staff to use after the summer season.
Media & Communications Coordination
- Work in tandem with the PR Specialist to assure that the Media & Communications Team has photography needed for advertising, social media posts, media, newsletters, press releases, and future EMF publications.
- Ensure photography supports the EMF brand and image
- Supervise student photographers (work study). Assess their skill levels and then assign photography jobs as appropriate based on their skill and their availability.
- Submit all photos to EMF’s PR Specialist and/or EMF’s full-time staff to make sure that each photographic image reflects the goals and values of the organization before the images are made public.
Other Duties as Assigned
Applicants should have:
- excellent leadership and interpersonal skills
- experience managing groups of people (specifically students ages 14-23)
- experience in customer service
- demonstrated proficiency with digital photography/videography techniques
- digital SLR camera and appropriate ancillary equipment.
- experience in shooting photos in low light (concert) settings.
- a valid U.S. drivers’ license, a clean driving record, and automobile transportation to performances and events 7 days a week including evenings.
Applicants should possess strong organizational and time management skills, the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and have an outstanding attention to detail. Strong computer skills (including Microsoft Word and Excel as well as the use of social media) are needed.
Knowledge of classical music is beneficial, but not required.
Photography Associate must supply their own smart phone and laptop computer. A go-pro camera and memory cards will be provided.
Photography Associate must be able to work nights and weekends covering EMF events and then quickly edit and archive the photos for EMF’s use by pre-determined deadlines. Some events may require overnight turnaround.
All summer staff members are encouraged to attend a wide variety of concerts, educational programs, fundraising events, etc., to gain a thorough understanding of all aspects of the artistic and administrative activities of the Festival. Summer staff may occasionally be assigned to projects outside of their position descriptions, as needed.
Preference will be given to candidates who are age 23 or older. A valid U.S. driver’s license and clean driving record is required.
STIPEND: $1,000 plus room and board (Campus Cafeteria Meal Card, a $300 value).*
ARRIVAL/START DATE: Monday, June 18, 2018
DEPARTURE DATE: Monday, July, 30, 2018
All applicants must submit a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, photography samples and the EMF summer staff application. Send all materials to: Eastern Music Festival, Summer Employment, PO Box 22026, Greensboro, NC 27420. Deadline for the receipt of applications is February 16, 2018.
*Room and Board is available but not mandatory.
(336) 333-7450 ext. 228
Join the Mailing List!
Subscribe to EMF's eNewsletter and learn more about EMF's concerts and educational programs.