2nd Assistant Stage Manager
2017 2nd ASSISTANT STAGE MANAGER
Charley Bryant, Stage Manager
The 2nd Assistant Stage Manager will have the opportunity to gain experience in the stage management of a professional concert series. He/she will also have the opportunity to gain experience in the design, setup, and execution of lighting and sound needs for a variety of rehearsal/performance venues. Additionally, he/she may be asked to provide assistance in duties that are outside the stage management area.
The 2nd Assistant Stage Manager’s areas of responsibility include (but are not limited to):
LIGHTING & SOUND
· Design and set up lighting plots for rehearsal and performance venues
· Set up and run sound equipment during rehearsals and performances
· Be responsible for maintaining lighting and sound equipment during the festival
· Collaborate with the Stage Manager and Guilford College facilities staff when needed
LOAD IN/OUT OF EQUIPMENT
· Transport equipment from locations both local and out-of-state to Guilford College
· Distribute equipment to rehearsal spaces around the Guilford College campus
· Gather and return all equipment at the end of the festival
MANAGEMENT OF WORK-STUDY STUDENTS
· Direct work-study students during work calls as set forth by the Stage Manager
· Keep track of student work-study hours to make sure that obligations are being fulfilled
MANAGEMENT OF REHEARSALS
· Transport equipment to rehearsal spaces as needed
· Set up and strike of rehearsals
· Be available to musicians and conductors before, during, and after rehearsal
· Remain on duty during rehearsal to resolve emergency and non-emergency issues
CONCERT PRODUCTION FOR MASTER CLASSES
· Transport equipment to performance venues outside the Guilford College campus.
· Set up and strike of performances
· Be available to musicians and conductors before, during, and after concerts
· Perform backstage/onstage duties before, during, and after performances
· Perform any other duties as requested by the Stage Manager
All summer staff members are encouraged to attend a wide variety of concerts, educational programs, fundraising events, etc., to gain a thorough understanding of all aspects of the artistic and administrative activities of the Festival. Summer staff may occasionally be assigned to projects outside of their position descriptions, as needed.
Preference will be given to candidates who are age 23 or older. A valid U.S. driver’s license, and clean driving record is required.
STIPEND: $1,050 stipend, plus room and board (Campus Cafeteria Meal Card OR $300 Food stipend. Please indicate choice)
ARRIVAL DATE: June 19, 2017
DEPARTURE DATE: August 1, 2017
All applicants must submit a letter of interest, curriculum vitae and the EMF summer staff application. Send all materials to: Eastern Music Festival, Summer Employment, PO Box 22026, Greensboro, NC 27420. Deadline for the receipt of applications is February 17, 2017.
(336) 333-7450 ext. 228
Join the Mailing List!
Subscribe to EMF's eNewsletter and learn more about EMF's concerts and educational programs.