Assistant to the Director of Operations
2017 ASSISTANT TO THE DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS
Beverly Naiditch, Director of Operations
Chris Williams, Executive Director
The Assistant to the Director of Operations supports the activities of the Director of Operations in overseeing day-to-day operation of the Festival, guest artist logistics, and other key functions. Specific areas of responsibility include but are not limited to:
· Communicate with staff, faculty, students, and technical crew regarding Festival details, such as scheduling auditions and/or changes, weekly orchestra seating assignments, meeting agendas, and student concert programs (piano recitals, chamber music concerts and Guest Artist master classes)
· Assist Director of Operations with the overseeing of Ops related summer staff/interns
· Assist Director of Operations with special instrument needs
· Assist Director of Operations with rental car/van needs and pick-up/drop-off dates
· Assist in the coordination of faculty run-out concerts and student field trip logistics
· Maintain files for Operations office
· Serve as on-duty staff in Operations office when necessary
· Provide support as necessary to the Guilford College Facilities and Events Manager regarding daily interface between the Festival and the College
· Assist with the set-up and end-of-Festival pack up of on-campus offices
· Compile and copy information for the Faculty Arrival Packets
· Assist with arrivals/departures and on-campus housing logistics
· Support the Guest Artist Liaison in providing transportation to rehearsals and performances for guest artists, when necessary
· Act as a liaison with Guest Artists to ensure artists’ comfort and security, when necessary
· Assist with travel details and hotel reservations as needed, in coordination with Director of Operations and Executive Director
· Assist with coordinating rehearsal schedules, concert needs, and special requests
· Assist with coordinating amenities and special requests per hospitality riders within performance contracts, when necessary
· Coordinate ground transportation to hotel or “after-parties” as necessary
All summer staff members are encouraged to attend a wide variety of concerts, educational programs, fundraising events, etc., to gain a thorough understanding of all aspects of the artistic and administrative activities of the Festival. Summer staff may occasionally be assigned to projects outside of their position descriptions, as needed.
Preference will be given to candidates who are age 23 or older. A valid U.S. driver’s license, and clean driving record is required.
SALARY: $2,000-$2,400 [depending on experience] plus room and board (Campus Cafeteria Meal Card OR $300 Food stipend. Please indicate choice)
ARRIVAL DATE: June 19, 2017
DEPARTURE DATE: August 1, 2017
All applicants must submit a letter of interest, curriculum vitae and the EMF summer staff application. Send all materials to: Eastern Music Festival, Summer Employment, PO Box 22026, Greensboro, NC 27420. Deadline for the receipt of applications is February 17, 2017.
(336) 333-7450 ext. 228
Join the Mailing List!
Subscribe to EMF's eNewsletter and learn more about EMF's concerts and educational programs.