Assistant Front Of House Manager
2019 Assistant Front of House Manager
Front of House Manager
Beverly Naiditch, Director of Operations
The Assistant Front of House Manager reports directly to the Front of House Manager and indirectly to the Director of Operations (Beverly Naiditch). This staff member assists on a number of key concert related production fronts, including:
- training and supervising student usher and parking crew students (ages 14-23)
- assigning and communicating crew schedules
- assisting with the sales of EMF merchandise
- overseeing patron parking, seating and safety
- assisting with patron ticketing
- working with Festival staff, ticketing/box office contract staff, and work-study teams to seamlessly produce and manage each public event (concerts, recitals, and open rehearsals)
Applicants should have:
- excellent leadership and interpersonal skills
- experience managing groups of people (specifically students ages 14-23)
- experience in customer service
- This position will require a minimum of 30 hours per week
Applicants should possess strong organizational and time management skills, the ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and have an outstanding attention to detail. Strong computer skills (including Microsoft Word and Excel as well as the use of social media) are needed.
Front of house experience and knowledge of classical music are recommended, but not required.
All summer staff members are encouraged to attend a wide variety of concerts, educational programs, fundraising events, etc., to gain a thorough understanding of all aspects of the artistic and administrative activities of the Festival. Summer staff may occasionally be assigned to projects outside of their position descriptions, as needed.
STIPEND: $1,000 plus housing and a Cafeteria Meal Card OR $300 Food stipend. (Please indicate choice)
ARRIVAL DATE: Monday, June 17, 2019
DEPARTURE DATE: Monday, July 29, 2019
All applicants must submit a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, and the EMF summer staff application. Send all materials to: Eastern Music Festival, Summer Employment, PO Box 22026, Greensboro, NC 27420. Deadline for the receipt of applications is February 15, 2019.
(336) 333-7450 ext. 227
Join the Mailing List!
Subscribe to EMF's eNewsletter and learn more about EMF's concerts and educational programs.