Calvin Jenkins, Dean of Students
Melissa Edwards, Director of Education and Admissions
EMF’s counseling staff ensures the physical and emotional well-being of EMF students and contributes to a positive learning environment. By consistently implementing established policies, addressing student concerns, resolving conflicts, and providing needed services, counselors play an important day-to-day role at the Music Festival.
Counselors will participate in intensive training in security procedures, safety procedures, health procedures, handling incidents that violate policy, working with students, leadership, and more.
Counselors must be thoroughly familiar with the contents of the EMF Student Handbook, which contains the policies and procedures that they must uphold.
It is expressly understood that Counselors are subject to the EMF Alcohol/Drug Policy as stated in the Handbook. It is also expressly understood that Counselors, while providing a supportive and positive environment for students, will refrain from relationships of an intimate nature with all students regardless of age. Any violation of this paragraph shall subject the Counselor to dismissal.
EMF COUNSELORS WILL:
- Establish and maintain positive, healthy, mentoring relationships with students
- Maintain a positive, orderly environment in the residence hall at all times and enforce established policies for student conduct
- Work in the counseling office as assigned, maintain a presence in the residence hall throughout the day and night and respond as needed to problems, phone calls and emergencies
- Complete nightly check-in of assigned students, including enforcement of curfew and location of any unaccounted for students
- Register all residence hall visitors and enforce visiting policies
- Provide information and guidance to students as needed in a positive manner
- Provide support services, such as emergency medical support, mail distribution, transportation, phone reception and message delivery, as needed
- Support recreational and social activities as assigned, including chaperoning off-campus trips
- Hold student meetings as needed to address problems and/or promote communication
- Participate in all scheduled meetings of counseling staff
- Assist in areas other than listed above, as needed
All summer staff members are encouraged to attend a wide variety of concerts, educational programs, fundraising events, etc., to gain a thorough understanding of all aspects of the artistic and administrative activities of the Festival. Summer staff may occasionally be assigned to projects outside of their position descriptions, as needed.
SALARY: $900 plus room and board (new counselors); $1000 plus room and board (returning counselors)
ARRIVAL DATE: Monday, June 18, 2018
DEPARTURE DATE: Monday, July 30, 2018
All applicants must submit a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, and the EMF summer staff application. Send all materials to: Eastern Music Festival, Summer Employment, PO Box 22026, Greensboro, NC 27420. Deadline for the receipt of applications is February 16, 2018.
336) 333-7450 ext. 228
Join the Mailing List!
Subscribe to EMF's eNewsletter and learn more about EMF's concerts and educational programs.