Outreach Performance Coordinator
2017 OUTREACH PERFORMANCE COORDINATOR
Beverly Naiditch, Director of Operations
Melissa Edwards, Director of Admissions and Education
The Outreach/Performance Coordinator will perform the responsibilities described below and will also be available to assist staff for special projects as assigned and as their main assignment permits.
Off-Campus Student Chamber Performances
· Identify, schedule and manage outreach student chamber music performance opportunities
· Assist in selecting and scheduling venues and dates based on the Master Calendar
· Communicate with the designated contact for each event, ensuring accuracy and completeness of information
· For most performances, select a group based on repertoire and ability level. Discuss details with the faculty coach before contacting the students. Relay communications between staff, faculty coaches and student group.
· Create flyers to post and disseminate info to the student performers in a timely manner
· Coordinate concert logistics, including transportation, drivers, necessary equipment, box lunches, etc.
· Complete a Run-Out Form for each event, including follow-up information filled out after the performance
· Oversee each performance to ensure a positive experience for the performing students and the host
· Introduce the group and possibly the pieces, as needed. Teach students how to introduce and present themselves
· Coordinate transportation and other logistics for all other chamber/solo/small group off-campus performances, including Orchestra Fellows (Encircling the City), Bandblast participants, Friends Home West, etc.
· Work with Director of Admissions to ensure representative lists are correct
· Coordinate on-site logistics before the event
· Manage student helpers, greet college representatives, and troubleshoot on the day of the event
· Assist in managing master classes and at other concerts/performances/events, as needed
All summer staff members are encouraged to attend a wide variety of concerts, educational programs, fundraising events, etc., to gain a thorough understanding of all aspects of the artistic and administrative activities of the Festival. Summer staff may occasionally be assigned to projects outside of their position descriptions, as needed.
Preference will be given to candidates who are age 23 or older. A valid U.S. driver’s license, and clean driving record is required.
STIPEND: $900 plus room and board (Cafeteria Meal Card OR $300 Food stipend. Please indicate choice)
ARRIVAL DATE: June 19, 2017
DEPARTURE DATE: July 31, 2017
All applicants must submit a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, a writing sample and the EMF summer staff application. Send all materials to: Eastern Music Festival, Summer Employment, PO Box 22026, Greensboro, NC 27420. Deadline for the receipt of applications is February 17, 2017.
(336) 333-7450 ext. 228
Join the Mailing List!
Subscribe to EMF's eNewsletter and learn more about EMF's concerts and educational programs.