Outreach Performance Coordinator
2018 OUTREACH/PERFORMANCE COORDINATOR
Beverly Naiditch, Director of Operations
Melissa Edwards, Director of Admissions and Education
The Outreach/Performance Coordinator will perform the responsibilities described below and will also be available to assist staff for special projects as assigned and as their main assignment permits.
Off-Campus Student Chamber Performances
- Identify, schedule and manage outreach student chamber music performance opportunities
- Assist in selecting and scheduling venues and dates based on the Master Calendar
- Communicate with the designated contact for each event, ensuring accuracy and completeness of information
- For most performances, select a group based on repertoire and ability level. Discuss details with the faculty coach before contacting the students. Relay communications between staff, faculty coaches and student group.
- Create flyers to post and disseminate info to the student performers in a timely manner
- Coordinate concert logistics, including transportation, drivers, necessary equipment, box lunches, etc.
- Complete a Run-Out Form for each event, including follow-up information filled out after the performance
- Oversee each performance to ensure a positive experience for the performing students and the host
- Introduce the group and possibly the pieces, as needed. Teach students how to introduce and present themselves
- Coordinate transportation and other logistics for all other chamber/solo/small group off-campus performances, including Orchestra Fellows (Encircling the City)
- Work with Director of Admissions to ensure representative lists are correct
- Coordinate on-site logistics before the event
- Manage student helpers, greet college representatives, and troubleshoot on the day of the event
- Assist in managing master classes and at other concerts/performances/events, as needed
All summer staff members are encouraged to attend a wide variety of concerts, educational programs, fundraising events, etc., to gain a thorough understanding of all aspects of the artistic and administrative activities of the Festival. Summer staff may occasionally be assigned to projects outside of their position descriptions, as needed.
STIPEND: $1,150 plus a Cafeteria Meal Card
ARRIVAL DATE: Monday, June 18, 2018
DEPARTURE DATE: Monday, July 30, 2018
All applicants must submit a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, and the EMF summer staff application. Send all materials to: Eastern Music Festival, Summer Employment, PO Box 22026, Greensboro, NC 27420. Deadline for the receipt of applications is February 16, 2018.
(336) 333-7450 ext. 228
Join the Mailing List!
Subscribe to EMF's eNewsletter and learn more about EMF's concerts and educational programs.