One fellowship position is available for a professional percussionist between the ages of 23 and 33.
EMF's Percussion Fellow performs with the Eastern Festival Orchestra (the professional orchestra in residence) and in other Festival ensembles as programming dictates. The Percussion Fellow gains additional professional experience may also be gained through performances with the Festival's two Young Artists Orchestras and EMF's Percussion Ensemble (as required/assigned by percussion faculty/supervisors).
The Eastern Festival Orchestra rehearsal and performance schedule includes five to six services per week (three rehearsals, one dress rehearsal and one or two performances). In addition to the rehearsals, performances and individual practice/preparation identified above, the Percussion Fellow will assist in the management and inventory of percussion equipment, including set-up and take down of equipment for rehearsals and performances.
Aditionally, the Percussion Fellow has access to a wide variety of workshops, seminars and professional development opportunities giving them access to all aspect of the artistic and administrative activities required of professional musicians..
Work includes evening and weekend assignments and no outside (non-EMF) engagements may be accepted during the fellowship period without prior written agreement between the Fellow and EMF.
- Applicants must be between the ages of 23 and 33
- Applicants must be available for full term of Fellowship (Arrive June 17, 2019 – Departure, July 29, 2019)
- Applicants must have a valid U.S. driver's license and a clean driving record
- $700 Stipend
- Room (shared on-campus apartment) and board (Guilford College meal card)
How to Apply
- Complete the Percussion Fellow Application. All applicants must complete the Percussion Fellow Application (available online at www.getacceptd.com/emfestival). The deadline for receipt of completed applications and video recordings is February 18, 2019.
- Upload your Audition Materials. All applicants must submit a Cover Letter, Curriculum Vitae, short biography (250 words or less), and the repertoire requirements for their instrument. All materials must be uploaded through our Acceptd portal. The fee for submitting your application and audition via Acceptd will be $35 prior to January 1, 2019 and $70 thereafter. Call (336) 333-7450 x227 for additional details.
The successful applicants will demonstrate professional-level artistic abilities and will also demonstrate that they possess excellent communication skills and the competencies required of EMF Fellows.
Join the Mailing List!
Subscribe to EMF's eNewsletter and learn more about EMF's concerts and educational programs.