One fellowship position is available for a professional trombone player between the ages of 23 and 33.
EMF's Trombone Fellow performs with the Eastern Festival Orchestra (the professional orchestra in residence) and in other Festival ensembles as programming dictates.
The Eastern Festival Orchestra rehearsal and performance schedule includes five to six services per week (three rehearsals, one dress rehearsal and one or two performances). In addition to the rehearsals, performances and individual practice/preparation identified above, the Trombone Fellow will provide administrative support in areas such as supervising outreach performances and assisting with the new Euphonium Tuba Institute.
Additionally, the Trombone Fellow has access to a wide variety of workshops, seminars and professional development opportunities giving them access to all aspect of the artistic and administrative activities required of professional musicians.
Work includes evening and weekend assignments and no outside (non-EMF) engagements may be accepted during the fellowship period without prior written agreement between the Fellow and EMF.
The recipient of this fellowship will receive a $700 stipend and room (a shared on-campus apartment) and board (Guilford College meal card).
- Applicants must be between the ages of 23 and 33
- Applicants must be available for full term of Fellowship (Arrive June 25, 2020 – Departure, August 2, 2020)
- Applicants must have a valid U.S. driver's license and a clean driving record
- $700 Stipend
- Room (shared on-campus apartment) and board (Guilford College meal card)
How to Apply
1. Complete the Trombone Fellowship Application. All applicants must complete the Trombone Fellow Application (available online at getacceptd.com/EMFestival). The deadline for receipt of completed applications and video recordings is February 20, 2020.
2. Upload your audition materials. All applicants must submit a cover letter, CV, short biography (250 words or less), and the repertoire requirements for their instrument. All mateirals must be uploaded through our Acceptd portal. The fee for submitting your application and audition via Accepted is $35 prior to January 1, 2020 and $75 thereafter. Call 336.333.7450x227 for additional details.
3. The successful applicant will demonstrate professional-level artistic abilities and will also demonstrate that they posess excellent communication skills and the competencies required of all EMF Fellows.
Join the Mailing List!
Subscribe to EMF's eNewsletter and learn more about EMF's concerts and educational programs.