Year-Round Staff Positions
Director of Development
Eastern Music Festival (EMF), a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit educational/artistic institution located in Greensboro, North Carolina, seeks a highly motivated, creative, entrepreneurial development professional with a proven fundraising track record across all funding areas. Reporting directly to Eastern Music Festival’s Executive Director, the Director of Development will cultivate and maintain positive relationships with current and potential donors, including individuals, corporations, foundations, and public sources.
Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Investigating and developing corporate giving strategies and opportunities including:
- Managing and increasing individual giving
- Establishing/expanding partnerships with and generating in-kind support from local/regional businesses
- Writing/administering foundation and government grants
- Growing the alumni and parent network and creating events and opportunities to encourage alumni donations and connections
- Developing and expanding an effective planned giving program
- Working directly with EMF Board of Directors and others on donor prospect identification, cultivation, and stewardship
- Leading Board members, volunteers, staff, and patrons in executing fundraising events and campaigns
- Extracting and presenting statistical fundraising data for trends and analysis to the Executive Director and Board of Directors
- Creating innovative projects that engage fresh patrons/audience members and showcase EMF’s work in person and on an online platform
Additional duties may include creating online development strategies and utilizing social media/digital tools; coordinating fundraising events; and/or coordinating with/leading volunteer-engaged fundraising initiatives and functions.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher is required. Post-graduate and/or arts administration degree is a plus
- 5+ years of direct experience with corporate fundraising and with securing sponsorships
- Experience executing fundraising campaigns across multiple donor channels, including business partnerships, major donors, and annual giving
- Availability and willingness to work long hours during the Festival season of June and July, as well as evenings and weekends, as needed, for special events and meetings throughout the year
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Personal and professional commitment to Diversity, Equity, Access, and Inclusion in the arts
- Proficient in MS Office tools
- Experience with online donor management platforms, FrontStream™ (GiftWorks)
- Knowledge of and passion for classical music and education
- Self-starter with ability to work independently and entrepreneurially, as well as to build authentic relationships with donors and partners
- Ability to multi-task and work with a variety of teams and committees
EMF’s offices are located in downtown Greensboro, and the EMF Director of Development must reside in the greater Greensboro/Triad region. Overnight travel is infrequent.
Compensation and Benefits:
$55,000 – $70,000 annual salary, commensurate with experience
Paid vacations and holidays
Health insurance plan
Flexible work hours
403(b) retirement plan (proposed)
About Eastern Music Festival
Founded in 1961, Eastern Music Festival’s mission is to promote musical enrichment, excellence, professional collaboration, innovation, and diversity through a nationally recognized teaching program, music festival, concerts, and other programs that will enhance the quality of life, health, and vitality of our region.
Eastern Music Festival is distinctive, set apart by our accomplished faculty, exhilarating repertoire, brilliant students, world-renowned visiting artists, and extensive community outreach. We provide an unmatched educational opportunity for talented, dedicated, young musicians between the ages of 14 and 23 from throughout the United States and around the globe.
Our core festival programming (presented during our five-week Festival each summer) features more than 60 concerts performed by a faculty of over 75 professional musicians, guest artists of remarkable talent from around the world, and 250+ young artists. As budget and year-round calendar allow, EMF presents additional programs throughout the year that are designed to foster audience engagement, diversity, and growth.
We are global ambassadors for Greensboro and a visible and respected international arts and educational institution.
To apply, please submit your résumé, a cover letter, and a development-related writing sample (such as a letter of inquiry or funding proposal) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Director of Development” in the email subject line. Applications will be reviewed as received, and the position will remain open until a candidate is hired.
Summer Staff Employment
Come work with us next summer! Being a part of Eastern Music Festival is rewarding. Each position is highly valued and provides professional experience in each area of expertise. Summer staff positions for the 2022 season will be posted later in 2021.
To apply for summer staff positions, please submit the EMF Application Form with your materials.