We value your safety! Thank you for helping us to produce our festival responsibly.
We can’t wait to EXPERIENCE EMF with you this summer!
60th Season: June 26th – July 31, 2021
EMF Concert Protocols
Eastern Music Festival is closely monitoring public health conditions and will operate following all state and county health orders to safeguard its patrons, faculty, students, staff, and the greater community. Protocols may change at any time; this page will be updated regularly to reflect current conditions.
Your safety, as well as that of our students, faculty, staff, and all who visit EMF, remains our highest priority. We are taking extensive measures to help safeguard the health and safety of everyone at Eastern Music Festival. In line with our commitment to your health and safety, and current Guilford College and North Carolina guidelines, capacity at Dana Auditorium has been reduced to 50%, and seating will be limited with current social distancing in place.
The protocols below reflect the current direction of EMF concert protocols. This page may include more detail as we get closer to events. *Updated May 25, 2021
Many events at EMF may require a RSVP made in advance during the 2021 Summer Season. Events will include but are not limited to:
- Ticketed performances at Dana Auditorium
- Free Young Artist recitals, masterclasses, or pre-concert talks (locations to be determined) – RSVP is highly encouraged
Protocols for Safe Concert-Going
- All EMF concerts and events will be held in Dana Auditorium on the Guilford College campus, unless otherwise posted.
- Audience capacity has been reduced by 50% to make all seating socially distanced.
- All seats for ticketed concerts will be assigned and reserved.
- Ticketing will be via e-ticketing instead of will-call. PLEASE BE AWARE: seating may change if guidelines change, even after obtaining tickets. If it does, new e-tickets will be issued.
- E-tickets will be scanned at designated entrances for all EMF events.
- Patrons will be seated a safe distance from each other and from any performer on the stage or in the hall. PLEASE BE AWARE, distancing requirements may change at any time, including after you have obtained your seats.
- Most concerts will be presented without intermission, unless otherwise noted; audience members will be asked to stay in their seats and refrain from mingling.
- Restrooms will be available, but access will be limited. Please plan accordingly.
- Masks are required of all audience members, regardless of their vaccination status, when attending public performances.
- Patron arrivals and departures will be planned for safety, and patrons will be encouraged to stay socially distanced from those not in their group.
- To enable contact tracing, should that be necessary, all ticket holders will be required to provide their contact information.
- To reduce shared touchpoints, there will be no printed playbills, no printed tickets, nor merchandise sales at concerts.
- Please stay home if you or a family member are feeling unwell or have had contact with anyone who has experienced COVID-19 symptoms (i.e., fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat) or illness.
EMF COVID-19 Community Guidelines
- Masks are required of all visitors to EMF performances and events, regardless of their vaccination status, while on campus. Masks should fit tightly and meet CDC guidelines. Gaiters and scarves are not a substitute for a multi-layer mask. Masks may only be removed while seated in areas designated for eating or drinking (where permitted).
- Please practice social distancing by keeping six feet between you and others who are not in your party and by following all single direction and spacing markers.
- Please practice regular hand hygiene during your visit. Hand sanitizing and/or disinfectant wipes stations are provided throughout the venue and outdoors.
- COVID-19 vaccines or COVID-19 tests are not required to attend events as an audience member. EMF highly-recommends following all CDC guidelines and getting the COVID-19 vaccine prior to attending any concerts or events.
These guidelines are consistent with current Guilford County Department of Health and State of North Carolina Executive Orders, though we may establish stricter policies based on local conditions. If you do not adhere to these guidelines, we reserve the right to have you removed from the premises.
Even if you have been vaccinated, all visitors and staff are obligated to follow all of these protocols until State and local Boards of Health determine local conditions no longer necessitate these restrictions are needed to limit the spread of disease. Please do your part to protect yourself and others and notify an EMF staff member if you have questions or concerns about your health and safety at any time. EMF staff reserves the right to ask non-compliant patrons to leave the site. We respectfully request patrons follow directives made by EMF staff.
Know Before You Go
Should EMF have to cancel a performance or event, every ticket holder will be notified via email communication as well as updates posted to the website.
All programs, dates, artists, venues, and prices subject to change.
There are no refunds or exchanges on purchased tickets. We urge you to donate tickets that will not be used back to EMF in time for resale (your gift of tickets will be acknowledged by letter for tax purposes.)
To donate your tickets, please contact the EMF Box Office (336-33-7450 x222) or return them by mail to:
Eastern Music Festival, P.O. Box 22026, Greensboro, NC 27420
Gift certificates and discounts may not be accepted for concerts or special events during the 2021 season. Due to the limited availability of seating this season (in accordance to prevailing COVID-19 health and safety protocols), discounts for students, seniors, military, and groups of 4 or more are not available. Please contact the EMF Box Office for more information.