Two fellowship positions are available for a professional collaborative pianist, who is between the ages of 23 and 33. As an Eastern Music Festival Piano Fellow, these musicians will perform keyboard parts with the two Young Artists Orchestras and accompany EMF students for the concerto competition finals, studio classes, and public master classes. The Piano Fellows will be the liaison between the piano faculty and the Director of Education as needed.
Additionally, the Piano Fellows have access to a wide variety of workshops, seminars and professional development opportunities giving them access to all aspects of the artistic and administrative activities required of professional musicians.
Work includes evening and weekend assignments and no outside (non-EMF) engagements may be accepted during the fellowship period without prior written agreement between the Fellow and EMF.
- Applicants must be between the ages of 23 and 33
- Applicants must be available for full term of Fellowship (Arrive June 24, 2023 – Depart July 30, 2023) (No exceptions.)
- Applicants must have a valid U.S. driver’s license and a clean driving record.
- $1,000 Stipend
- Room (shared on-campus apartment)
- Board (Guilford College meal card)
How To Apply
All applicants must complete the Piano Fellow Application (available online at getacceptd.com/EMFestival). The deadline for receipt of completed applications and video recordings is February 23, 2023.
All applicants must submit a
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Short Biography (250 words or less)
- Two letters of recommendations
- The repertoire requirements [list should include orchestral accompaniments, collaborative works, and chamber music works( both studied and performed)] for their instrument.
Video auditions are required of all applicants.
Applicants should be prepared to upload the following:
- 1 solo work of your choice
- 1 movement of a concerto with soloist
- 2 contrasting movements from solo sonatas or chamber music.
All materials must be uploaded through our Acceptd portal. The fee for submitting your application and audition via Accepted is $35 prior to January 1, 2023, and $80 thereafter. Call 336.333.7450 x 227 for additional details.
The successful applicant will demonstrate professional-level artistic abilities and will also demonstrate that they possess excellent communication skills and the competencies required of all EMF Fellows.
Melissa M. Edwards, DMA
Director of Education and Admissions
Phone: 336-333-7450, x227
Course offerings, faculty, visiting artists, fees, and other information are subject to change without notice. Eastern Music Festival is actively committed to a diverse student body and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, gender, or physical disability in the administration of its educational policies and programs.